Depending on how much you use it, you may need to clean your pipe more regularly than you might expect! Unsure of the best way to do this? Not to worry, as Enjoy Dokha’s guide can answer any other questions you may have.
Below we’ll take you through the best way to clean your pipe. But firstly….
What is a Medwakh pipe?
For genuine, authentic flavour, with great quality taste and the best possible smoking experience, as well as great Dokha tobacco, you need to take care of your Medwakh pipe. If you are new to the world of dokha, you might ask yourself what is a medwakh pipe?
A Medwakh pipe is a pipe specifically used to smoke Dokha, an Arabian tobacco we’re very familiar with! The word ‘Dokha’ translates into English as ‘dizzy’ and for hundreds of years, it has been enjoyed due to its authentic flavour and the ‘buzz’ it brings to every smoking experience. The Medwakh pipe is designed to cater for the more concentrated medwakh tobacco, with features such as a smaller bowl.
There are several reasons why you should clean your Medwakh pipe the right way every time:
- It looks after your Medwakh tobacco
- It makes the pipe last longer
- It ensures a great smoking experience every time
Get clued up on the properties of Dokha Tobacco here. We know a thing or two about it, so if you’re keen to get clued up, you can with us!
Why is it important to clean your Medwakh pipe?
It’s really important to take care of your Medwakh pipe. In reality, it shouldn’t take you too long to do, and it can elongate the life of your Medwakh pipe considerably. This is a bonus for you, and just by taking a little time to clean it, you will save yourself money and time overall. What’s more, cleaning your Medwakh pipe is the best way to absolutely guarantee you have the best possible smoke experience every single time.
People have been enjoying the great taste of dokha tobacco for years, and nobody wants their smoking experience to be let down by the pipe and accessories you are using. However, if you think it’s time to buy a replacement, then Enjoy Dokha has a range of premium Medwakh pipes to choose from for the ultimate smoking experience.
If you forget to regularly clean your Medwakh pipe, it can become blocked, damaged and provide a less than great smoking experience.
Not to worry, cleaning your pipe is pretty simple. We’ve broken it down into some simple steps below.
A Medwakh pipe consists of several parts, including the filter, the bowl, the stem and the draught hole. This blog post goes into more detail, but for now, we’ll start with the filter.
What is a Medwakh filter?
A filter is used to cool the smoke and remove the moisture and tar that is formed when the medwakh dokha is lit. By removing the excess water, you avoid excess gurgling or a build-up of moisture that can eventually block the pipe.
How do I clean the Medwakh filter?
You will need to remove the filter from the pipe before you start cleaning it. Wiping down your filter is recommended; however, you should aim to simply swap your filter regularly as opposed to relying on cleaning. This ensures that you can enjoy your Medwakh dokha the way it should be enjoyed.
How often should I change my medwakh pipe filter?
It’s recommended you change your filter after around 10 uses, so you get the best quality smoke experience possible. Otherwise, as soon as the cotton filter turns brown, we recommend you change your filter. You can check out Enjoy Dokha’s range of Medwakh filters right here.
How do I clean a Medwakh pipe?
- With a paper towel, remove any existing resin around the pipe’s mouth. This can be caused by the Medwakh tobacco. This can collate even after a short space of time.
- As you’ve removed the filter tip you should have clear access to the pipe. This is where the pipe cleaner comes in handy.
- Use the pipe cleaner to clean the inside of the pipe. Insert the pipe cleaner into the pipe from the mouth end first. The pipe cleaner needs to come out the other end; this ensures the pipe will be clean through.
- Bend the bottom of the pipe cleaner. This creates an L shape as the pipe cleaner will be poking out of the pipe 90 degrees. Twist it around, as this is a great way to remove as much resin as possible from the Medwakh pipe. You can repeat this as often as necessary.
- Finally, after you have cleaned the pipe, blow through your Medwakh pipe to make sure it is clean all the way through.
Olive oil can give your pipe an extra shine. Dampen a cloth with olive oil and clean the outside of the pipe for a fantastic finish.
What is the bowl of a Medwakh pipe?
A bowl of the pipe is the part of the pipe that holds the tobacco, and they are smaller than the bowls in traditional pipes. This is because the Medwakh tobacco is concentrated so less needs to be smoked. Traditionally, the medwakh dokha pipes are around 6 inches long, but you can find a whole range or shapes and sizes.
How to clean the bowl of your Medwakh pipe
- You will need to make sure you clean the bowl as debris can collect. Scrape the bowl clean with a new pipe cleaner.
- Then, swab the bowl clean with a cotton bud. Now the bowl and pipe are both clean, you can apply a new filter mouth tip.
- Once you’ve applied a new filter, hey presto! You’re good to go. Follow these simple steps and your Medwakh pipe will not only last longer but your smoking experience will be as good as your very first Dokha smoke!
Think your accessories are out of date?
Check out our range of high quality products that are built to last on our website at our Dokha shop. There are a vast range of accessories available from Enjoy Dokha website to help you make the most of your smoking experience.
Our Dokha Accessories contain a great selection of products that will help you have the cleanest possible pipe. You can also find great quality leather pouches at Enjoy Dokha to help keep your medwakh pipe in top condition when you aren’t using it. You could also use a leather pouch to store all your accessories such as extra filters, the tobacco itself, or cleaning equipment.